Photo Hosting Community Has Positive and Humorous Traits
Imgur.com is a photo hosting site made up of internet memes, funny photos, gifs, karma points and full on wit. Needless to say, it’s a huge time suck.
After only spending a few minutes in the gallery, you can easily recognize what their members hold dear; sentimental moments and pure entertainment.
Here are the top 10 major themes I’ve observed from my journey of lurker to Imgurian.
- Members love anything cat and boob related. In fact, both in the same image is the magic sauce.
- It’s hard to determine if an object is large or small from an image. They need a “banana for scale.”
- Cancer survivors are their heroes.
- They respect those that serve in the U.S military.
- There can never be too many Emma Watson and Emma Stone posts.
- Images are good, GIFs are better.
- Knock, knock. Who’s there? Doctor. Doctor Who? Correct.
- Comments are up-voted if they’re punny and down-voted to hell if otherwise.
- You will ruin a post by putting the punch-line in the title.
- The geekier the post, the more accepted it will be.
You may also be wondering why a giraffe was used for this post. It’s the official mascot, the Imguraffe. Here he is in all his glory, majestic as f###.
Are you a member of imgur.com? What common themes do you see?